Tuesday 16 August 2016

Writing: Speeches

Purpose: To inform others

My 7 Wonders of the World
By Seth

That was shamazing!
Hi I’m Seth and I'm gonna talk to you about my 7 Wonders of the World.
What are your 7 Wonders of the World?
Well here are mine…
A Wonder is something that blows your mind like KABOOM…

I smell the sweet smell of chocolate bouncing off the walls.
The machines rattle as the brown oozing liquid slopes off.
You know where this is the cadbury chocolate factory.
The cadbury chocolate factory is one of my wonders of the world .
Every room you went to there was chocolate brown oozing liquid.
YUM. Well not for you non chocolate lovers. The cadbury chocolate factory is located in around the centre of dunedin.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like in the secret city of the Incas? Cusco was one of the last Incan refugee camps after the Spanish Conquests raided for gold and silver. Imagine walking in the dense jungle searching for the lost city knowing you're gonna get lost.

Have you ever wanted to climb the Eiffel Tower? The sights at the top would be amazing. The Eiffel Tower is 300m tall. I would love to climb it. It would be amazing climbing up the metal work. The reason I chose this is because I love France I would love to go there. There is only one stop sign in Paris.

Tottenham Hotspurs are my favourite football team. I would love to see them play at their home ground but there is one problem their home grounds in England. Tottenham Hotspurs have paid 400 million dollars for a new stadium called Northumberland development project. It has a capacity of 61,000 as their old stadium White hart lane could only fit 34,000.

Dream world oh so fun… well until you come across the dreaded line that take hours till you get to the top. Dream world is one of my wonders because I went there a few years ago and it was so FUN! Dream world is located in Queensland, Australia. Some of the rides there were so freaky.

The Grand Canyon have you ever wondered what lies at the rocky depths at of the grand canyon have you heard of the man who jumped over the grand canyon on a motorbike well he made it I think unless he plummeted to his death so it's a win win situation no one gets hurt apart from the motorbike I and the man on it. How long has it been there?  What's it made of? Who knows. I would love to tell you but that's not my job. I’ll leave that up for the scientists.

The Taipei 101 wouldn’t you love to get to the top well I wouldn’t there are so many dangers like falling out the window, stampedes of people trying to get to work and extreme winds blowing you out of the buildings. I would love to climb it. I didn’t mean it what I just said well what are the chances of any of that happening. The Taipei 101 is 101 stories high. It was the tallest building in 2004 and remained such until 2009 when Burj Khalifa in Dubai was built. There is a giant ball keeping it from leaning over it weighs 660 tonnes equivalent to 660 cars. It would be amazing going there at night when the tower lights up majestically.

So there are my 7 Wonders. I hope you enjoyed my speech. Au revoir. That is French for goodbye. So good bye to you all. Merci de votre attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment