Wednesday 31 August 2016

Writing: Purpose - Help readers to visualise

Spaghetti
By Layla

The limp spaghetti was slowly drowning in the Hellers paste. Brown mushrooms bobbed and simmered in the runny and oily sauce. Oh no I’ve been dreading this day for months. It’s always just been a threat spinning at the back of my mind, never a worry, up until now...there's only one word to explain it, yuck!

Dad had his fake smile on which looks real enough but his eyes ruined it. They winced at the sight of it plus his nose was quivering trying desperately to close themselves.

The smell got stronger and stronger as mum enter the room with the spaghetti dish. Mum served it out. But as Mum was serving my sister a miracle appeared. Her hand let go of the still full dish (this all happened in slow motion) down, down, down it fell on to the new carpet. Mum let out a shriek in raced the puppy, looks like a early dinner for him.

All of us well except Mum  had a gleam in our eyes, we were all thinking the same thing, TAKE AWAYS❤️



Cream Bun
By Aisha
It was that time of the crisp, cold season again I had just finished my winter choirs, and had quite a chill. I could smell mum's delicious classic, fresh batch. My mouth watered vigorously at the sight of it. Not wasting one minute I raced upstairs, my heart pounding as I did so. I couldn't hold it in not one more second. Then it flung out of me" MUM " " just give me a second" she replied angrily I flung into the hard, broud chair. A deep sorrow filled up my dull soul. I could only dream what wonders it would bring to me if I could only have one tiny bite. Wait one second maybe I can. I tip toed down the oak stairs quite as a mouse. My shaking hand reached out to grasp one of the creamy goodness. I pulled it to my mouth sighing I had never dissipated my mum but I had to it would be torture and I can't do that I was on a sugar low. Ok maybe not a sugar low but I crave sugar. I take my first bite. The mix of sweet and savoury was sensational. The strawberry jam full of delight mixes with the vanilla white cream the icing sugar just made it speechless the bun just brings it all together. But something soon ruined it " I thought I told you not to touch it" oh no she saw.


Spaghetti
By Andrew
Beep! Beep! Beep! The microwave goes off. I have my golden crispy toast already ready, I run over, grab the heat-proof bowl and dump the long red, orange, and cream shoelaces into my shiny white clean plate. The small shiny grey watties tin is nothing but metal now. As I put the stained bowl away, I realise the toast is gone…

As I search for my toast in this steaming pile of goodness, I contemplate how this fabulous food was made, how it will taste and… I found the now soggy toast. I bite in and slurp up the saucy strings into my mouth! Another bite, another one, and one final bite! I was about to grab my shiny silver fork I realised that i had made two pieces of toast, one of them was still in there!


Aunt Petunia's Spaghetti
By Meg

The hard oak door shook. Oh no! My aunt Petunia was here to cook a ghastly dinner. My body shook as my pale hand reached for the glass knob. I opened the door to see a tin of saucy noodles.

Time passed and there was a defining sing-a-song voice that filled the rotten house. There was a bubbling sound coming from the mushrooms that were slowly getting drowned in the deep, red sauce. As the pepper was getting ground into the thick, soupy mix, I smelt tomato sauce with basil and oregano. I shivered with disgust.
I was lying on my bed reading the new ‘Guy Williams’ magazine when the smell hit me. The acidic smell stung my eyes. I had to escape from this deadly disaster.
I ran faster than a wave could break the surface, trying to find air but the smell lurked around every crack in the grim house. I had to get out of the house before the sing-a-song voice called me for dinner.
“Ellie! Come for dinner!” The time had come. Would I confront up to my aunt and break her heart, or just go with it? I walked down the creaky staircase. The smell got stronger and stronger every step I took.  I pushed the door to see a table with bowls. In them was the yucky, gooey mess. Sitting down at the table, I picked up my cold, silver spoon and dipped it in the bowl. Then I cautiously brought it up to my mouth.

Argh! Next time, I will confront her.





No comments:

Post a Comment